If you’re a fall lover like I am, you’re probably stoked about all of the fun activities that come along with the season. I decided to compile an extensive list of fun fall dates that you and your boo (👻) can do together to get in the spirit of Autumn! Enjoy!
1. Go apple picking! Afterward, you can make some apple turnovers or apple chips for a new fall treat that’s a little more unique than an apple pie!
2. Visit a corn maze! Some of them are super fun and have wine tastings throughout them or trivia that leads you through the path! I went to one last year that you had to do trivia and it was so much fun wondering if your answer led you the right way!
3. Have a scary movie night! Some of my favorite throwbacks are 1408, The Uninvited and The Messengers! If you want to go with the classics, like The Nightmare on Elm Street, you could plan a night to watch all of the sequels. Tip: Find some cool fall treats to snack on while you watch them! Here are a few you might like: Pumpkin Spice Krispie Treats | Pumpkin Spice Blondies | Peanut Butter Fudge Cups |Perfect Pumpkin Seeds | Apple Pie Granola | Cinnamon Roll Pumpkins
4. Pick the perfect pumpkin at the pumpkin patch and have fun decorating them together! You can use carving tools, paint, or foam shapes and other craft accessories with hot glue!
5. Make a bonfire then toast some marshmallows and make s’mores! Or you could cheat and make them in the microwave or with your stovetop burner. Tip: Use peanut butter cups instead of chocolate bars!
6. Tailgate at a Football game together! If you aren’t into the sport, you’ll still enjoy some yummy food and ice cold drinks… if that’s your thing!
7. Visit a haunted hotel, cemetery tour or other haunted site near you! There are a ton of local haunted site tours across the country! Just use google to find one in your area!
8. Make 5 fall treat recipes together that you find on Pinterest! Here are some that looked good to me: Pumpkin Bread | Roasted Tomato Red Pepper Soup | Butternut Squash Chili | Pumpkin Spinach and Walnut Spaghetti | Pumpkin Spice Pancakes | Pumpkin Pie Nice Cream
9. Go to a Fall Festival! I used to love going to The Apple Fest near where I grew up! It’s a fun date to enjoy some fall treats and activities.
10. Go to a haunted house together! There are so many cool haunted houses to go to together and you could finish the night off with a diner date since most haunted houses are open late!
11. Have a candlelight dinner with your favorite fall scented candles! Make a warm entree like chili or ziti to complete the Fall mood! If you like to try new recipes, you could also make this Maple Pumpkin Butter for your rolls and impress your date!
13. Go on a hayride or even better… a haunted hayride! It’s the perfect setting to cuddle up under a blanket! Tip: get some hot cider or hot cocoa first!
14. Go to a coffee shop and enjoy your favorite fall beverages to get some quality time to chat together! Bonus: They may even have some seasonal fall baked goods too! My favorite is Starbucks Oprah Chai Latte with almond milk! (The PSL unfortunately isn’t vegan).
15. Go for a walk or hike in the park! The leaves are gorgeous and a nice walk in the park will allow you to enjoy the scenery before it’s gone! Pack some thermoses of soup and warm beverages and have a nice picnic!
16. Invite other couples over and host a Halloween party with snacks, games, Halloween songs and a scary movie to top it all off!
17. Go to a hard cider tasting! There are a lot of local hard cider places across the country. The Angry Orchard has been on my list of things to do for years and I think we may go this season! You could also go to a craft beer brewery because many of them have seasonal beers!
18. Make homemade caramel or candy apples! You can add any toppings you want like crushed Oreos, M&Ms or candy corn! Sip on some hot cocoa or apple cider while you make them! Tip: Make a few extras and give them as gifts to friends and family!
19. Visit your Alma Maters fall festivities and/or homecoming events! It’s a cool way to show your date around where you went to school (if you attended different colleges)! My alma mater has a homecoming weekend with a fall festival combined with food trucks and free pumpkins to decorate!
20. Visit a sunflower farm! You can take some gorgeous photos together and display them later as fall decor in cute frames!
21. Go to a Halloween party! Many clubs have Halloween parties in October. You may even be able to take home some cash from a costume contest!
22. Visit the closest Oktoberfest! Enjoy some beer and other German treats! It will give you a taste of another culture and you may find something new you enjoy!
23. Go thrifting and then DIY couples costumes to wear together to Halloween parties or while handing out candy!
24. Rake the leaves together and have fun with a leaf fight and jumping in the piles like your kids again! It may seem silly but you’ll get some laughs in during an activity that’s usually boring! Tip: pick out some of your favorites and use them in some crafts that you can display around your house! Here are a few ideas: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
25. Go to a flea market together! Many close up for the winter so the fall is your last chance to find some gems! You can find a ton of cheap furniture and you could upcycle together!
26. Visit the closest drive in! If it is a bit of a drive out, go anyway! Enjoy the fall scenery along the way and if you leave early enough you can visit a nearby town for dinner before the movie! You may be able to find one screening a horror movie! Some do throwback nights and you may be able to see one of your favorite Halloween movies in a fun new setting!
27. Fire up your grill before it’s too late! You can make some fall grill recipes and then roast marshmallows on the grill flame for dessert!! Here are some fun fall grill recipes: Grilled Sweet Potato Kebabs | Balsamic Garlic Grilled Mushrooms | Pulled BBQ Spaghetti Squash Sliders | Grilled Cilantro, Lime and Paprika Corn on the Cob
28. Go to a Paint Night or Pottery Class together to make fall decor pieces together that you will be able to display and enjoy for years to come! Paint nights have fall themed paintings during the fall and you can sip wine or eat appetizers during the class! Pottery classes are great because you can make something that you can display at your table on the holidays on your table!
29. Go to the mall and pick out a new fall outfit for each other! It will be fun to see what the other person picks! Make it fun and add rules that the other person can’t give an opinion on the outfit while shopping (other than sizing) and you have to buy whatever the other person chooses! You can also plan a date to wear each others picks out to dinner together! Want to get even more creative? Go to a thrift store instead of the mall!
30. Put a puzzle together or play a board game! You can make snacks and play some fun music in the background! You can go pick out a fall scenic puzzle and glue it together when your done to display it as decor for the season!
31. Grab your favorite fall beverage a good book and read by the fire! Either together or separately just enjoying each others company. Tip: if you want to read together, find some scary stories online to read to each other! My favorite scary story book when I was younger was Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark! You could get a copy of that online so you can keep them! If you have kids, you can always read the books with them later!
32. Go to a park and take some candid fall photos of each other and enjoy the scenery along the way! You can sit and laugh about the photos later- the sillier the photos the better!
33. Enjoy a fall themed breakfast in bed and spend a lazy day together! Swap out the normal OJ with Apple Cider. Watch your favorite tv shows or movies together and get out of bed as little as possible. Cherish the moments cuddling together! Here are some fun fall breakfast recipes: Vegan Pumpkin Spice Pancakes | Flourless Vegan Pumpkin Waffles | Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls | Vegan Apple Cinnamon Pancakes | Vegan Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Waffles
34. Go Camping or spend the night outdoors cuddled in a blanket looking up at the stars.
35. Go out to the craft store or the dollar store and buy some fall decor and signs then bring your Christmas tree out early and decorate it for fall! Here are some photos for inspiration: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
36. Go horse back riding! Take lessons together and enjoy the gorgeous scenery as you learn together!
37. Make fall wreaths together with supplies from the craft store or dollar store for your doors! To make it even more fun, collect pinecones together and incorporate them into the wreaths! Read how to clean the pinecones before using them for crafts here.
38. Go to an amusement park together before the season ends! Many parks also have Halloween themed events in October!
39. Visit your local zoo before it gets too cold! A lot of zoos have Halloween themed events and some are even 21+ and drinks! This is an experience like no other!
40. Spend a Sunday watching football together and hanging out on the couch! Make some football themed foods to make it even more fun!
41. Visit the city where Halloweentown was filmed together! St. Helens, Oregon recreates the setting of the notorious Halloweentown movie every year for Halloween! What’s even better is that the cast of Halloweentown will be there to celebrate this year! Although this would be costly if you live far from Oregon, it may be worth the trip if you’re a big enough fan!
42. Go ghost hunting in a cemetery! This is a little too creepy for my liking but a lot of people do it and there are even groups that you can sign up to go with!
43. Make lists for each other of things that you are thankful for that the other does. This is a super cute thing to do for each other to show how much you appreciate one another!
44. Get all of your favorite Halloween candies. Blindfold each other and have the other guess what candy it is!
45. Go for a hot air ballon ride and get a birds eye view of the gorgeous fall foliage!
46. Go to an ice cream stand that has seasonal fall ice cream flavors.. or get apple pie a la mode! Who says ice cream is only a summer treat?!
47. Enjoy a bath together with fall scented candles and bath products! I have a pumpkin salt scrub that is to die for!
48. Find a local restaurant near you offering a seasonal menu and enjoy a yummy fall themed meal! Maybe it’s the restaurant with the best apple pies or one with the most flavorful chili. Save yourself the dishes!
49. Take a bike ride (or rent a two person bike) through a nice park and enjoy the scenery! Pack a warm lunch (or get takeout from your favorite place) and enjoy a picnic to refuel for the ride back!
50. Take photos along the way as you check all of these date ideas off of your list and make a scrapbook together after that you can cherish for years to come!
I hope you all enjoyed this post! Let me know what your favorite idea is or if you try one of them down below! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thank you for reading!