Whether you are planning to start shopping for gifts early or planning your own late fall/winter shopping list, this guide will help you find the cutest sweaters for a preppy wardrobe! Although the traditional fall and winter colors can be fun to wear, I love to continue incorporating pink sweaters and preppy accents into my wardrobe all year round. They just make me so much happier when I wear them! I am also loving all of the ruffled sweaters that are trending this season! I hope you find something you like in this guide!
1. This cold shoulder cable knit comes in two colors, forever navy and whisper white, and is a trendy version of a fall and winter classic. This sweater allows you to spice up your outfits with the cold shoulder sleeve while remaining classic with the cable knit. Dress it down with leggings and riding boots or dress it up with jeans and booties, or even with slacks and flats for work! This sweater is truly versatile and can be worn for any occasion (Cold Shoulder Cable Knit, Loft, Sizes XXS-XXL, $64.50 – 40% off now! No code needed)
2. This baggy scoop neck sweater comes in pink, purple and mustard. This sweater would look so cute paired with leggings, cozy high socks, and bean boots or uggs during the winter! It could also be worn with a pair of jeans and flats or loafers for a more dressy look! (Drop Shoulder Solid Jumper, Shein, Sizes S&M, $20)
3. This pearl twist sweater is an edgier take on traditional preppy fashion, but the pearl accents give this sweater a girly, classic touch! This would be worn best with a pair of high waisted jeans and booties! (Pearl Beading Twist Infinity Sweater, Shein, One Size, $21)
4. This longline elephant cardigan is so cute! Although it strays a little from the normal preppy fashion, this print reminds me a lot of the Lilly Pulitzer Tusk in The Sun Print. I also love elephants so I had to add this to the list. I love the neutral color of this cardigan. It comes in a dark blue/navy color as well but I think the grey will go with more colors and is more versatile! You could pair this with a colored shirt and jeans to brighten up your outfit or you could keep it neutral layering it over a white shirt with black jeans and booties. (Elephant Print Longline Cardigan, Romwe, One Size, $17.99)
5. This ruffle sleeve sweater comes in black and mauve. Mauve is such a popular color for fall and is a more traditional style sweater. I think that this would look perfect with a pair of jeans or khaki pants and a vest! It would match the herringbone vests or any other puffer vest nicely! You could also dress this sweater up for work! (Women’s Chenille Ruffle Sleeve Pullover – Mossimo Supply Co.™, Target, Sizes XS-XXL, $24.99)
6. This cable knit is the perfect way to brighten up your fall and winter wardrobe! I have one very similar to this that is from Ralph Lauren a few years ago and I absolutely love it! You can see how I styled it on my Instagram here and here. This pairs perfectly with the J Crew herringbone vest and a pair of blue or black jeans! You could also wear it to class with leggings and boots to stay warm! It can be dressed up with a pair of slacks for work as well. (Polo Ralph Lauren Cable Crew-Neck Wool Cashmere Blend Sweater, Macy’s, Sizes XS-XL, $98.50)
7. This sweater is another edgier take on a classic nautical preppy sweater. This one comes in three color combinations: camel with black stripes, navy with red stripes and white with black stripes (online exclusive). I think that the navy and red sweater is the one that aligns most with the preppy style and I love the nautical vibe it gives off. This has a diagonal slit in the back which adds some edge to this piece. You can pair this with anything from white jeans at the end of summer to jeans with a long line coat and uggs during the winter! I really like that this is a light sweater that can be worn almost all year round. (Striped Split Back Sweater, Loft, Sizes XXS-XXL, On sale for $49.99 plus extra 50% off no code needed!)
8. How adorable is this pink llama sweater? I absolutely adore the fringe detailing on the llama, sleeves, and bottom of this sweater! It is a girly twist on the usual Christmas sweaters that I adore. I would love to have this sweater in my wardrobe! I think it is such a fun statement piece that could be worn on its own or paired with a vest! A pink vest would be so perfect with this! You could wear this sweater with a pair of Lilly pants or a pair of jeans and riding boots or uggs for winter. You could wear this for an ugly Christmas Sweater party but you probably wouldn’t win because this is adorable! (Fairfax Cashmere Sweater, Lilly Pulitzer, Sizes XS-XL, $228)
9. This is a very understated piece with a little ruffle at the bottom. I think this would be perfect to add preppy flair to a work wardrobe. You could easily pair this sweater with work slacks, flats, pearls and a monogrammed necklace for a polished look. This could also be dressed down with a pair of jeans, the same jewelry and a pair of riding boots, booties, or Uggs. (Wool Cashmere Ruffle Hem Sweater, Anne Taylor, Sizes XXS-XXL, $89.50)
10. This sweater is a cozy nautical inspired preppy piece. This would be so cute paired with a pair of jeans, anchor bracelets (like this one) and Sperry’s for spring, loafers for fall or boots for winter! You can wear from fall through spring to keep you warm on chilly days. I love the roll mock turtleneck on this sweater! It gives it an added cozy touch that differentiates it from sweater #7. (Cashmere Striped Roll Neck Sweater, Vineyard Vines, Sizes XXS-XL, $228)
11. An oversized cable knit sweater like this one is a must-have for any woman’s wardrobe! I can’t get over the blush color of this one! This can be worn to class with a pair of leggings and tennis shoes in the fall or uggs in the winter or can be dressed up with a pair of dark wash jeans and booties for a cozy classy look!! (Cable Knit Loose Sweater, Romwe, One Size, $20.99)
12. This one is for the gals out there in warmer climates! The detailing and fringe on this top are so cute! It will add a bright color to any fall outfit. You could pair it with Lilly pants for a completely bright fall look or layer a neutral sweater over it with jeans and boots for a more casual look! No matter how you wear this, it is a classic statement piece that you will love to wear in the fall and winter months. (Cassis Crotchet Top, Lilly Pulitzer, Sizes XS-XL, $128)
13. Have to shop for a couple? Want to take matching family Christmas photos? This sweater is perfect because you can buy it for a female or male and it looks great styled on either gender! The anchor print of this sweater is so classic! I think this would pair perfectly with khakis or jeans and loafers or boots. Layer a plaid flannel or oxford underneath to add a classic flair to this outfit. (The Original Wool Anchor Sweater- Navy, Keil James Patrick, Sizes XS-XL- S-L currently in stock, $128)
14. This sweater is everything a girly preppy woman could ever want in a sweater. Pearls, ruffles, and bell sleeves?! Is this real life?! This sweater could be dressed down paired with leggings and hunter boots or riding boots or dressed up paired with jeans and booties, heels, loafers or flats. This sweater is guaranteed to be a hit with a preppy girl! (Pearl Beading Tiered Ruffle Sleeve Jumper, Romwe, Sizes S&M, $18.99)
I hope this gives you some inspiration for either gift giving or expanding your own fall/winter wardrobe! Let me know what your favorite sweater is in the comments! Thank you so much for reading and remember, love yourself and then share that love with others!